The main function of this panel is to protect the engine and alternator. The unit will be Key-started. A Cool down period will form part of the panel construction on all turbo models.
Protection via Deep Sea 5310/7310 Controller:
- Low oil pressure
- High engine temperature
- Alarm display
- Alternator overload
- Cool down timer on all turbo models
- Over speed protection on all turbo models
- Battery charge failure
- Phase, line and system voltage values
- Phase current values
- Phase and total active, reactive and apparent power values
- Active and reactive energy
- Phase power factor
- Phase angle of the harmonic fundamental
- Frequency value of the monitoring voltage
- Maximum and minimum instant readings of phase voltages and current as well as total active power.
- Maximum readings of current and total active power sampled in relation to programmed periods (adjustable)
- High accuracy true RMS indications
- Digital LED display
- 9 digit pre-settable hour counter as well as total counter
- Plug-in terminal connections
D) NO BREAK RETURN
As soon as Eskom power returns a delay period will be allowed to monitor the main supply for stability before the controller synchronizes with Eskom and down-ramps the generators. This is termed a `No Break Return` – no interruptions or lost production during switch-over to Eskom.